ad

2014년 4월 1일 화요일

4/1 Talk about April Fool’s Day pranks in Korea.

April Fool’s Day is a day when people play jokes on each other.
* play jokes on: ~에게 장난치다

Korean students pull off jokes on their teachers by switching classrooms or something.
* pull off jokes on: ~에게 장난치다
ex> I often used to pull off jokes on my sister as a kid.
cf> Do you think you can pull it off?  (너 그거 해낼 수 있을 것 같니?)

Another common joke is to make prank calls to various places.
* make prank calls: 장난 전화를 걸다
ex> I don’t understand people who make prank calls.

These days, many people send prank messages via cell phone or email to trick others.
ex> I sometimes send prank messages to people who I’m close to.

Once a person figures a joke out, you say, “April fool!”
* figure a joke out: 장난을 알아채다

Some newspapers and magazines even print bogus articles to trick their readers.
* bogus [|boʊgəs]]: 가짜의, 위조의

Even television shows are known to join in on the fun.

Overall, jokes on April Fool’s Day mean no harm. That’s why they should not go overboard.
* mean no harm: 악의는 없다
ex> He meant no harm in making the joke.
ex> I meant no harm to you.
* go overboard: 도를 지나치다
ex> Be careful not to go overboard.

@ I have an early morning tomorrow나 내일 좀 일찍 일어나야 돼.

<HOMEWORK>
1.      He pulled off jokes on the newcomers.
2.      I've never made prank calls in my life.
3.      I meant no harm in posting that picture.
4.      I think you went overboard with your jokes.



댓글 1개:

  1. If you've ever gotten a glimpse of the teacher's lounge, then you already know that there are often snacks that others bring in for the teachers. You'll need a teacher or the principal to help you pull off this prank, as going into the teacher's lounge without permission could get you into trouble. However, with the right accomplice, you can pull this one off without any trouble.
    http://teens.lovetoknow.com/April_Fools_Day_Pranks_on_a_Teacher

    답글삭제