ad

2012년 4월 5일 목요일

4/2 April Fool’s Day


Dialog>> It’s April Fool’s Day!

A: I broke up with my boyfriend.
B: You’re kidding me!
A: No, I’m serious. We had a big fight.
B: But you guys were so much in love.
A: There’s only one problem. Ahh.. It’s April Fool’s Day!
B: Oh, you didn’t!


RESPONSE>> Talk about some April Fool’s Day tricks you played on others.

When I was a student, we used to play tricks on our teachers on April Fool’s Day.
* play a trick on: ~에게 장난을 치다
ex> My brother likes to play tricks on my mom.

We would switch classrooms to make the teacher think as if he/she was in the wrong classroom.

Sometimes, our teachers would pull of a joke on us.
* pull off a joke on: ~에게 장난을 치다/농담을 하다
ex> Stop pulling off a joke on me.

Our homeroom teacher once told us she was quitting her job on April Fool’s Day.

It turned out to be a joke.
ex>  His remarks online turned out to be a joke.

My friends and I also used to make prank calls.
* make a prank call: 장난 전화를 걸다
ex> I made a prank call to her when I was young.

We would call a random number and make up a story.
* make up a stroy: 이야기를 지어내다
ex> I had to make up a bedtime story for my niece.

It was a lot of fun.

Some people send prank messages via texts these days.
ex> We sent prank messages to him on his birthday.

For example, they would pretend they are getting married.


@ I can’t believe we fell for it.
우리가 속아 넘어가다니 말도 안 돼.

1. Don’t play tricks on your brother.
2. His story turned out to be a joke.
3. Someone made a prank call to my house.
4. She made up a story about her boyfriend.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기