ad

2014년 2월 10일 월요일

2/7 Talk about traditional Korean bars.

There are traditional Korean bars called jujeom.

These places are famous for traditional pan-fried dishes called jeon.
* pan-fried dish: 지진 음식 (부침개)

You can order a combo dish to taste various types of jeon.
* combo dish: 모듬 메뉴
ex> I like combo dishes because I can taste various kinds of food.

As for drinks, they normally serve traditional Korean rice wine called makgeolli or dongdongju.
* traditional Korean rice wine: 전통 발효주(막걸리)

They aren’t that strong and taste very nutty.
* taste nutty [|nʌti] : 고소한, 견과 맛이 나는
ex> It was very crunchy and tasted nutty.
ex> The cookie tasted nutty because it had almonds in it.
cf> (비격식) 약간 돈, 정상이 아닌
ex> He’s as nutty as a fruitcake.
ex> She’s got some nutty friends.

These makgeolli places have been springing up like mushrooms in Korean in the last few years.
* spring up like mushrooms: 우후죽순처럼 생겨나다
ex> New apartment buildings have been springing up like mushrooms.

The only problem is that you can get a bad hangover if you drink too much.
* get a bad hangover: 심한 숙취에 시달리다
Ex> I drink honey water when I get a bad hangover.

It can take quite a while to sober up.
* sober up: 술이 깨다
ex> I tried everything to sober up but nothing worked.
ex> I've been sober for six months.

@ I have a terrible hangover.  숙취가 너무 심해.

<HOMEWORK>
1.      The coffee tasted very nutty.
2.      Coffee shops have been springing up like mushrooms around here.
3.      I got a bad hangover the next day.
4.      I took a cold shower to sober up.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기